When building, buying, or remodeling your house, one of the most important decisions you have to make is how to heat it. It often comes down to two choices, oil or gas. The decision has a large impact on your life and it is best to take the time and figure out which choice makes the most sense. So consider these facts before making your decision.
- An average oil furnace has a life expectancy of 30+ years, twice as much as a natural gas furnace!
- Oil burns hotter than gas, meaning it will heat up a room much quicker than gas.
- Oil furnaces cost much less than their gas counterparts, often being thousands of dollars cheaper.
- Oil is safer. Carbon monoxide poisoning is a very real problem, and leaks from natural gas heaters is the leading cause of it. Carbon monoxide is invisible and odorless which is a deadly combination. Oil does not have this problem and is much safer to have in your home.
- Heating oil is more efficient than gas. Heating oil burns on average 16% more efficiently than gas, according to the US Department of Energy and the Gas Appliances Manufacturers Association.
- Oil has been used for a long time now and its technology has come a long way in the past 30 years, making them much cleaner burning than they used to be.
- Your in control. With having your own supply of oil on your premises and regular delivery by a local oil company, you can feel safe in knowing that your home will be nice and warm all winter long.
- Oil furnaces are much simpler to perform maintenance on and can be easily and quickly done by your oil supplier.
It’s easy to see why many people chose oil in their homes for many years now. So when it’s time to decide what type of heating will be used in your home, remember these facts and oil’s long reputation for safety and dependability. When it comes time to install, repair or order an oil delivery make sure to contact us at McKee Energy Solutions.