Keep your Central Air Conditioning Unit Maintained and Keep Cool while Saving Money
Rhode Island summers are typically hot and muggy making central air conditioning a must. The last thing that you want is for your central air unit to break on one of the hottest days of the year. One way to avoid this is to have your air conditioning unit regularly maintained.
Is it really worth the money to have my AC unit serviced each year?
- Even top quality units can become worn overtime, think of your AC as you would a car, you perform regular oil changes and maintenance on it to keep it running smoothly.
- By having your AC unit inspected each year, any needed repairs can be made before they become expensive or create an even bigger problem. Most of the time, small problems are caught during yearly maintenance and are corrected before they get expensive.
- Keeping your AC in good working order can prolong its life. Typically an AC unit that is well maintained will last 10-15 years.
- Many companies offer promotions and discounts to customers who use their service plan.
- By having your AC checked over each year, the likelihood of it going out over the summer is slim to none.
What types of things are checked when I have my unit serviced?
- Airflow to ensure optimum output
- All moving parts are lubricated
- Refrigerant level is checked and also there is a check to make sure there are no leaks
- Thermostat calibration
- Clean the coils and tighten electrical connections
- Monitor cooling cycle and double check the temperature difference between the supply and return air
- Clean the condensation drain
McKee Energy Solutions has been servicing Rhode Island for over 100 years. Contact us and we will be happy to discuss our service plans with you to keep your AC unit running smoothly and you cool all summer long.