Spring has arrived, and the 50,000 daffodils at Blithewold Mansion Gardens will soon be greeting it. However, this golden display means that the heat and humidity of summer are not too far away, and you should pay some attention to your air conditioning system. Those who don’t bother with air conditioning maintenance are likely to regret it when their unit inconveniently breaks down in the middle of an August heatwave.
Don’t Be Penny Wise and Pound Foolish
Yes, a professional spring tune-up of your air conditioning system will cost you some money, but, over time, you will save money on energy bills because your unit will run more efficiently. You will also avoid breakdowns and prolong the life of your unit.
What Does a Thorough Tune-Up Consist of?
- A thorough cleaning of the condenser coils to keep your unit operating efficiently and to reduce wear and tear.
- An assessment of the level of coolant, which may need increasing to ensure optimum performance.
- A meticulous lubrication of each moving part to prevent damage caused by friction.
- A thermostat calibration to make sure the unit operates correctly.
- A checkup of all ductwork to prevent possible energy loss.
- An inspection and tightening (where necessary) of every electrical connection to ensure safety.
- A performance evaluation of the blower motor and an assessment of the condition of the blower belt.
Your comprehensive tune-up will include these and additional checks. You can, of course, regularly clean and change the air filter yourself, but it takes a qualified HVAC technician to give your unit a thorough going over. A tune-up will protect your unit and the quality of your indoor air – and, remember, it will save you money in the long run. Give us a call today to arrange an appointment.