Maintaining Your A/C Ductless Split Systems
Ductless Split Systems are taking the U.S. by storm. This is due to the fact that these A/C systems out perform window units and are a cost effective alternative to central air conditioning. These systems are practical and can be installed relatively quickly; in addition, new innovation in mini ductless A/C system technology have made them more energy efficient than ever before.
Proper Maintenance of an A/C Ductless Split System:
- Clean or Replace Filters: It is recommended the filter in your ductless system be checked monthly. Dirt and debris can clog your air filter, causing poor circulation which results in fluctuating temperatures within the home. In addition, a dirty filter left unchecked can stress the unit, causing increased electric bills and a decrease in unit reliability.
- Clean IAC Components: These can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer; therefore it is recommended you let your HVAC tech handle IAC maintenance.
- Clean Evaporator Coils: Evaporator coils can be overly condensed allowing them to collect dirt and debris more easily. Kits can be purchased to thoroughly and safely clean evaporator coils. Regular cleaning will help the coils drain properly and prevent blockage buildup in your lines.
- Clean the Outdoor Unit: Over the winter leaves and debris can collect on top of and under your outside unit. Check this area often and clear away any debris so the unit works at top efficiency.
- Mounting & Balancing: To increase the life of your unit, make sure your HVAC technician checks for proper mounting and fan blower balancing.
- Maintenance Plan: The best way to ensure your HVAC systems are always working their best is to enter maintenance agreement with your HVAC company. This will allow your HVAC tech to regularly maintain and service your unit at an affordable price each season.
If you are interested in learning more about Ductless A/C Units, please contact McKee Energy Solutions. We proudly serve Rhode Island residents with the utmost in HVAC repair and service excellence.