Is Heating Oil an Efficient and Clean Choice for Rhode Island?
Rhode Island is one of the most beautiful states in the nation with its rugged coastline and historic landmarks, but the winters are tough and this winter looks to be no different. Obviously keeping your home warm and comfortable makes the cold and snow something to enjoy, rather than something to dread. Heating oil is a popular choice for heating Rhode Island homes, but is it the right choice? Is heating oil a clean and efficient choice? Yes, and here is why;
- Heating oil burns very hot, about 400 degrees hotter than electricity or natural gas. This means you get heat more quickly, and use less fuel, saving money in the process.
- Rhode Island has many older homes and the installation costs of a new electric heating system are compelling, but the annual operation costs end up exceeding the one time savings. Heating oil systems typically end up costing 2 to 4 times less to operate than electric.
- Heating oil is stored locally so you don’t fall victim to the pressure drops often experienced by natural gas customers during times of heavy use. Remember the last ice storm that knocked out the power? Electric heating customers do. You don’t have to go without heat.
- Heating oil is very safe. On its own it is non-explosive so even if a leak should occur, the level of danger is exceptionally low. The same cannot be said for natural gas.
- Heating oil burns clean, cleaner than any other type of heating system, and when properly installed poses no threat to the environment. The fuel is biodegradable and non-toxic.
Are you looking for fast starting, hot, clean and efficient heat for your Rhode Island home? McKee Energy Solutions specializes in modern, high-efficiency heating oil systems and fuel delivery. Contact us today so that they can have your home ready for the next winter storm.